The IEEE ISMAR is the leading international academic conference in the fields of Augmented Reality and Mixed Reality. The symposium is organized and supported by the IEEE Computer Society, IEEE VGTC .
ISMAR 2019, the premier conference for Augmented Reality (AR) and Mixed Reality (MR) will be held on October 14-18 in Beijing, China.
ISMAR is responding to the recent explosion of commercial and research activities related to AR and MR and Virtual Reality (VR) by continuing the expansion of its scope over the past several years. ISMAR 2019 will cover the full range of technologies encompassed by the MR continuum, from interfaces in the real world to fully immersive experiences. This range goes far beyond the traditional definition of AR, which focused on precise 3D tracking, visual display, and real-time performance.
We specifically invite contributions from areas such as Computer Graphics, Human-Computer Interaction, Psychology, Computer Vision, Optics, and in particular VR, and how these areas contribute to advancing AR / MR / XR / VR technology.
●Submission Deadline: 15th March 2019 (23:59 AoE)
●Final Notification: 3rd June 2019
●Camera-ready version: 2nd July 2019
There is only one paper submission category, from 4 to 10 pages (excluding references). Papers ready for journal publication will be directly published in a special issue of IEEE Transactions on Visualization and Computer Graphics (TVCG). Other accepted papers will be published in the ISMAR proceedings. Paper quality versus length will be assessed according to a contribution-per-page judgment.
●All accepted papers will be orally presented at the ISMAR conference.
●All accepted papers will have the opportunity to be presented as a demo.
●All accepted papers will have the opportunity to be presented as a poster.
●All accepted papers will be archived in the IEEE Xplore digital library.
Detailed submission and review guidelines are available on the conferencewebsiteand the Guidelines section. Poster submissions will be accepted as usual with a submission date to be announced later.
Topics of Interest
All topics relevant to AR, VR and MR are of interest. Note that VR papers are also welcome regardless of their relevance to AR/MR. For brevity AR/MR/VR are subsumed under XR Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
● AI for XR
● Camera and Projector-Camera Calibration
● Collaborative XR interfaces
● Computer Vision for XR
● Content creation / authorinģ and content management for XR
● Conversational and Speech Interfaces for XR
● Display technologies (e.g., eyewear, smart watches, projectors)
● Ethical issues
● Ergonomics and human factors
● Haptic and tactile interfaces, wearable haptics, passive haptics, pseudo haptics for XR
● Human augmentations
● Human-Computer Interaction for XR
● Immersive Visual Analytics
● Localization, spatial registration and tracking for XR
● Locomotion and navigation techniques
● Machine Learning for XR
● Mediated and Diminished Reality
● Multimodal input and output for XR
● Omnidirectional, 360, immersive Videos for XR
● Perception in XR
● Presence, body ownership, and agency
● Real-time performance issues
● Rendering techniques for XR
● Sensor fusion
● Spatial audio for XR, auditory perception and psychoacoustics
● Spatial AR, Projection mapping, Projector-camera systems
● System architectures for XR, distributed and online systems
● Touch, tangible and gesture interfaces
● Technology acceptance and social implications of XR
● Teleoperation and telepresence
● User experience, Usability studies and human-subjects experiments for XR
● Video processing and streaming for XR
● VR simulations of AR/MR/XR
● Visual effects / video processing
● Virtual Humans and Avatars
● Visualization techniques for XR
● XR applications from domains such as
○ Art, cultural heritage, education and training
○ Automotive and aerospace
○ Entertainment, sports broadcast
○ Health, wellbeing, and medical applications
○ Industrial, military, emergency response
○ Therapy and rehabilitation
○ Further domains not listed above
Science & Technology Chairs
Joseph L. Gabbard,
ISMAR是国际增强现实( AR )和混合现实( MR )的顶级会议，将于2019年10月14日至18日在北京举行。这是ISMAR在20多年的历史中首次来到中国，部分录用论文将发表于CCF A类期刊IEEE TVCG。会议投稿的截稿日期：2019年3月15日。